Privacy & Cookies
This Statement relates to the Personal Data collected about you by Carter Morris Talent Solutions (CMTS) and any member of the CMTS Group (including affiliates and subsidiaries).
Personal Data that we may collect, is dependent on the location of vacancies being considered, and includes but is not limited to:
- your name;
- copies of passport, immigration status, work visa authorisations and similar documents;
- contact details (such as telephone number, e-mail address and postal address);
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume;
- current and previous employment details (such as salary/bonus and employee benefits schemes dependent on local legislations);
- academic background (such as your university or school diplomas/certificates and other educational achievements);
- results of any pre-employment testing such as psychometric testing;
- languages spoken and level of proficiency;
- referee and/or line manager names and contact details;
- job preferences including willingness to travel and/or relocate;
- any video/photo images or audio recordings that you submit to us in connection with your job application; and
- results of the selection and matching process, interview transcripts, and any other information which you voluntarily submit to us.
Sensitive Personal Data:
We do not generally seek to collect this kind of data from you. In the circumstances where we do collect such data eg: in calculating employment offer pension benefits potential; or you voluntarily choose to provide us with this information as part of your application, we will handle this information in accordance with applicable local data privacy laws. Sensitive Personal Data may include but is not limited to:
- date of birth;
- marital status;
- criminal records;
- racial/ethnicity information; and
- health related information including but not limited to physical/mental health status and benefits.
You may also wish to provide Sensitive Personal Data so that we can make reasonable arrangements during the recruitment process, for example to accommodate any disability. Your Sensitive Personal Data will not be used for any other purpose other than for your recruitment application with our hiring companies.
Other sources of Data
While in most cases you will provide your Personal Data yourself, there may be cases when we will request Personal Data about you from third parties for recruitment purposes (e.g. your education establishments, references from previous employers etc.).
We collect your Personal Data through:
- Information you share in email and telephone and meetings with CMTS team members.
- Direct applications you make to employer companies who have retained us to effect their sourcing and selection and recruitment processes.
- Your use of the CMTS company website, and through any of our approved third party websites that we use for advertising recruitment purposes, inclusive of social networks sites when you choose to provide us with a link to your profile.
In addition to the Personal Data set out above, we will collect the following Personal Data from social network sites:
- Name, headline and summary, job title, current employer, employment history, recommendations, connections and contact details made publicly available (such as phone number and email address). Your “likes”, “comments”, publications, photos, videos and broader network recommendations are not collected unless you have submitted them voluntarily to us to support your job search and applications.
We may also obtain your contact details from publicly available sources, including content that you have made public on social network sites or similar sites to make an initial contact with you for recruitment purposes. When we contact you in this way, you will be given the option to exercise your right to ask us to cease sending information about careers and opportunities with CMTS and/or to have your Personal Data removed from our systems; except for minimum details to note that you opted out and so to avoid contacting you again about our job and market updates.
How we use your Personal Data:
With a focus for recruitment purposes, including:
- to identify and contact you;
- to determine your suitability for current or potential future roles with our hiring company clients or our own firm;
- when providing courtesy updates on market trends and developments that are relevant to you/your profession and job vacancies generally being serviced by CMTS
Where we seek to monitor and implement measures to improve our recruitment initiatives and/or monitor compliance against our policies such as equal opportunities, we would use anonymised and aggregated data (e.g. total number of applicants and country of residence in a given period).
We may use data analytics software for matching your profile with roles with us. When your profile is matched with a role, an email notification regarding that role may be sent to your email address.
We shall not use your Personal Data for any other purposes other than those stated in this Statement or as otherwise notified to you.
Who we share your Personal Data with:
For the purposes stated above, this Data will only be accessible to authorised staff within CMTS and to hiring leaders within the prospective employer company we have discussed with you, and secured your permission to explore employment options with.
In addition, we may disclose your Personal Data to the following third parties in any country:
- agents, advisors or third party service suppliers providing services to support the CMTS business operations under a duty of confidentiality to the Group;
- governmental, judicial and other bodies and authorities in compliance with applicable laws and regulations or otherwise;
- lawyers/solicitors in connection with legal proceedings, to obtain legal advice, or to support the legal rights of CMTS;
- auditors and investigators in connection with internal and external audits and investigations;
- any third party to whom we may transfer our rights and obligations under any agreement we may have with you in connection with the acquisition, sale or restructuring of any member of CMTS;
- any person to whom disclosure is allowed or required by applicable laws and regulations; and
- any court, tribunal, governmental or regulatory authority or law enforcement agency with jurisdiction over any member of CMTS.
How long do we retain your Personal Data
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as the purpose for which we collected it continues, unless further retention is required to satisfy and protect our legal, regulatory or other obligations.
If you submit a job application and are unsuccessful, CMTS may retain your Personal Data for a period of 24 months from our final communication to you in order to match your skills to future job vacancies being managed by CMTS, except if there is any objection from you or such other period as required by applicable laws.
CMTS may also retain your basic contact information for the purposes of inviting you to join our Talent Network, where you will receive information about CMTS, invitations to events and/or receive information regarding job opportunities that may be relevant to your skills. If you choose not to join the Talent Network, we will remove your Personal Data from the Talent Network database, except for minimum details to note that you opted out and so avoid contacting you again about the Talent Network.
How we protect your Personal Data
The security of your Personal Data is important to us. CMTS are committed to comply with Information Security Policies and Procedures, which set out security standards including technical and organisational security measures. We require equivalent security measures from our external service providers and other organisations when we share your Personal Data.
The Personal Data we collect from you online is stored by us and our service providers on secure servers and protected through a combination of physical and electronic access controls, passwords, encryption, firewall technology and other reasonable security measures.
All staff within CMTS are obliged to immediately report any data breach. Our appointed Data Protection Officer is also our Managing Director, Leanne Morris – to ensure immediate escalation and resolution of any security incident.
We will notify the ICO within 24 hours where feasible, as the supervisory authority to whom we are contracted. We pledge to notify any affected individuals within 1 hour where feasible, of discovering any breach.
We are regularly reviewing our breach detection, reporting and investigation methods.
How we protect your Personal Data when it is transferred
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Personal Data is only used according to our instructions and directions and treated securely and in accordance with this Statement.
Updating your profile
If you choose to create a profile on any of our Websites/Social Networks or any other recruitment channel, it is your responsibility to maintain and update the Personal Data provided by you in your profile and CMTS may from time to time request via email that you update your Personal Data to ensure it is accurate. You have the right to update your Personal Data held by CMTS at any time.
However, if you wish to restrict, block, or delete the cookies that are set by this site or any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. You can find out how to do this through your browser's Help function, but be aware that blocking cookies may reduce the functionality of some websites.
Third party websites
There are links from the CMTS website to other parts of the Internet that we do not operate or control and our Privacy & Cookies Statement does not apply when you leave our website.
Updates to this Privacy & Cookies Statement
CMTS reserves the right to amend this Statement at any time and will place notice of any such amendments on our website, where you can always find the most recent version of this Statement.
If you wish to access your Personal Data, correct/delete any of your Personal Data; or have any other questions concerning this Privacy & Cookies Statement, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have registered to receive job alerts or other information from us, you can at any time opt out of these communications immediately by notification to email@example.com
This Statement was last updated on 15 February 2018.